Subscribe via Email

If you're not receiving email notifications of new posts, subscribe by entering your email...

Sastrugi – from the Russian


Sastrugi is the word for the snow waves and caves. It comes from the Russian. Sometimes it makes very large, much larger than here, waves. I think it has been too cold and the snow has been too dry for that to happen with our latest snow fall.

Sastrugi ripples

Sometimes the sastrugi takes the form of gentle ripples.

For more (almost) Wordlessness this Wednesday click here

3 comments to Sastrugi – from the Russian

Leave a Reply